No Hassle Getaways
Your idea of a great vacation is simply hanging out with the people you love best…friends or family, leaving your work-a-day world behind. You don’t need to travel far or for weeks at a time, short getaways are what you’re after on vacation.
After you’ve planned the basics like where you’ll sleep and how you’ll get there, you like to let each day un-wind naturally with nothing but potential and plenty of time ahead.
Remote yet accessible; it’s the perfect getaway you crave. When you come, make your hotel, B&B or camping reservations in advance – accommodations book up fast around here.
Explore Clearwater and Wells Gray with the whole family. Bring your pup tent and a sleeping bag for everyone; build campfires and warm family memories of nights spent sleeping in the great outdoors. Ride rails and jams on the trails or in the skate park. Uncover 20 different waterfalls on forested hikes. Capture images of wildflower meadows at their peak.
Marvel at the up-close and personal wildlife encounters you’ll have in a land without fences, feeding times or admission. Create a new family story floating the North Thompson River, reliving the legends of the fur trade and gold rush, navigating past a whole shoreline of inspiring scenery.
For the No Hassle Traveller We Suggest…
Slip on a lifejacket and follow in the wake of the first Overlanders, floating the North Thompson River. Soak up the sun. Experience the grandeur of the great outdoors. Watch eagles fish from treetops. Make warm summer memories floating in the coolness of the North Thompson with expert guides at the helm.
Float in the wake of history
You just can’t beat a day at Dutch Lake. Park your chair by the sandy shore and watch your kids playing on its golden shores. Catch up on the latest beach book or jump in yourself and feel the heat of the day melt away in cool running waters…escaping your daily routine, even for a little while can easily re-energize you.
Hit the Beach
Bring the whole family along to explore the vastness of the park on a guided motorized boat tour of Clearwater and Azure Lakes. Full- and half-day cruises and overnight camping trips are the hallmark of Clearwater Lake Tours where local experts take the hassle out of getting on the water.
Cruise Clearwater Lake
Embark on guided wilderness safaris to view bears, deer, wolves, beavers, and 250 species of bird life. Marvel at the might of salmon swimming up waterfalls, returning to their spawning grounds. Learn all about migration patterns, feeding habits and the love life of our wild creatures. A local wildlife expert at your side makes exploring in the wild worry-free.
Discover Where the Wild Things Are
Top 10 Experiences for No Hassle Travellers
- Adventure the easy way on the “Take It Easy” family-friendly river float
- Hike with a local guide to teach your children all about the Park’s history, geology and wild wonders
- Go on a guided wildlife safari for animal sightings that may include bear, deer, wolves, beaver, and up to 250 different types of birds
- Hit the trail on guided horseback excursions through the Park or out on a working ranch
- Celebrate the best of summer at Dutch Lake, in the heart of Clearwater. Campsites, picnic grounds, and playgrounds provide all the amenities you’d need for full-day family fun
- Arrive at your wilderness campsite in style – by chartered water taxi service
- Savour smoked trout cruising and sightseeing along Clearwater and Azure Lakes
- Drive right to Helmcken Falls, then take a short walk to the viewing platform and a great backdrop for family photos
- Take the “work” out of camping – sign up for a guided overnight trip to Rainbow Falls and just show up. Everything, including your meals, tents and sleeping bags, and boat transportation into and out of the camp is taken care of by the pros
- Discover life above the tree line on a guided hut-to-hut hiking