Wells Gray for Families - Create Family Connections
Explore Clearwater and Wells Gray with the whole family. Bring your pop tent and a sleeping bag for everyone; create family connections over a blazing campfire. Sleep in the great outdoors. Ride rails and jams on the trails or in the skate park. Uncover 20 different waterfalls on forested hikes. Capture images of wildflower meadows at their peak.
Marvel at the up-close and personal wildlife encounters you’ll have in a land without fences, feeding times or admission. Create a new family story floating the North Thompson River, reliving the legends of the fur trade and gold rush, navigating past a whole shoreline of inspiring scenery.
Treat yourself and your nearest and dearest to a Wells Gray getaway and visit some of the park’s unique and spectacular attractions.!!
For Family Travel We Suggest…
Hit the BeachYou just can’t beat a day at Dutch Lake. Park your chair by the sandy shore and watch your kids playing on its golden shores. Catch up on the latest beach book or jump in yourself and feel the heat of the day melt away in cool running waters…escaping your daily routine, even for a little while can easily re-energize you.
Float in the wake of historySlip on a lifejacket and follow in the wake of the first Overlanders, floating the North Thompson River. Soak up the sun. Experience the grandeur of the great outdoors. Watch eagles fish from treetops. Make warm summer memories floating in the coolness of the North Thompson with expert guides at the helm.
Cruise Clearwater LakeBring the whole family along to explore the vastness of the park on a guided motorized boat tour of Clearwater and Azure Lakes. Full- and half-day cruises and overnight camping trips are the hallmark of Clearwater Lake Tours where local experts take the hassle out of getting on the water.
Discover Where the Wild Things AreEmbark on guided wilderness safaris to view bears, deer, wolves, beavers, and 250 species of birdlife. Marvel at the might of salmon swimming up waterfalls, returning to their spawning grounds. Learn all about migration patterns, feeding habits and the love life of our wild creatures. A local wildlife expert at your side makes exploring in the wild worry-free.
Top 10 Experiences for Family Travellers
- Celebrate the best of summer at Dutch Lake, in the heart of Clearwater. Campsites, picnic grounds, and playgrounds provide all the amenities you’d need for full-day family fun
- Adventure the easy way on the “Take It Easy” family-friendly river float
- Hike with a local guide to learn about the Park’s history, geology and wild wonders
- Go on a guided wildlife safari for animal sightings that may include bear, deer, wolves, beaver, and up to 250 different types of birds
- Hit the trail on guided horseback excursions through the Park or out on a working ranch
- Let the kids loose at the bike park to practice their rails and jams or sign-up for a guided mountain bike tour
- Arrive at your wilderness campsite in style – by chartered water taxi service
- Drink in the sights cruising and sightseeing along Clearwater and Azure Lakes
- Drive right to Helmcken Falls, then take a short walk to the viewing platform and a great backdrop for family photos
- Take the “work” out of camping – sign up for a guided overnight trip to Rainbow Fallsand just show up. Everything, including your meals, tents and sleeping bags, and boat transportation into and out of the camp is taken care of by the pros